CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Why I dislike Halloween

I know Halloween isn't until Friday, but I'm dreading it. Why? Is it because of the obscene amount of money I spend on three costumes? Nope (thanks, Mom!) The neverending doorbell ringing? Not even close. The signal that fall and winter are really here? No.

For me, Halloween signals the end. The end of any real 'free' time I have. There are, from now until after New Years, approximately one kajillion things that need to be done, parties to attend, gifts to buy and wrap. It seems that Halloween, with it's necessary costumes and candy purchases, signals that end for me. And there isn't a thing I can do about it (unless I go on a caramel making strike this year, which I don't think would go over well with all those I have gifted (read addicted) over the years). Sigh.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'll go with the reason about the friggin' cold weather!!

I hope that everything gets done easily and quickly for you this year. Maybe you'll surprise yourself and get it all done early!

BTW, I really like your new format!!