CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

I must have a sign on me

that says, "Mess with me! Make me panic!"

As I was leaving the house this morning, the phone rang. I didn't answer it, but checked my messages on the way to work. The message was from the eye clinic at UIC. They were calling to remind me that I had an appointment tomorrow to fill out paperwork for Hannah's surgery on the 14th, oh, and Cigna is not contracted with us anymore and when we called them they said you would have out of network benefits which means you'll be entered into our system as a self-pay. Pardon me? I called back to UIC and explained that I had filed a Continuance of Care form and had gotten the approval for in-network coverage through Jan 1. She said they had no record of that and when they called Cigna they were told there was no record of that either. Now I have the letter giving me approval. I know right where it is. I call Cigna, with guns drawn. When I finally get a person, they check it and, yep, there it is. I ask her to call UIC, of course she can't do that. I call UIC back, explain that I am just calling to follow up and if they call Cigna they'll get all the approval information they need. She proceeds to look it up and says, "I don't know what the problem is, the letter is right here and HAS BEEN FOR A MONTH." So she's changing the billing back to in-network and my heart rate is slowly returning to normal.
Don't these people understand that when they call and deliver a mistake like this it literally puts people into hysterics???

No comments: