CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Gonna blog more....

or at least try to! That is my "Halloween Resolution". Perhaps it will help keep the anxiety level a bit in check. Maybe not.
Today I am fascinated by a continuing issue in our house. Every single morning my children (and I call them that because they are mine, can't deny it) are SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you, to realize they have to do the following:
1. Get dressed
2. Eat breakfast
3. Pack a lunch
4. Put their shoes on
5. Brush their hair
6. Brush their teeth
7. Put their coats on

Every day is like a surprise party here. I think I will start saying things like, "Girls, get dressed. SURPRISE!!" "Eat breakfast -- SURPRISE!!"

It must be nice to have every day be a new, exiting adventure with all kinds of intriguing tasks. Unfortunately for me, every day is like the movie Groundhog Day.

p.s. Here are pictures of Emma in her new glasses (or being arrested)





I wanted to let you get the full effect of the green fronts and purple sides
:-D

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Ha! I am laughing hard at the SURPRISE thing. Our 8 year old triplets are much the same. They know the routine, of course, but it takes an amazing number of detailed reminders to get them to do it in time to leave for school. And still at least one tries to go out the door without the backpack actually on their back, several times a week. Sheessh.
Maybe we should make a poster on the wall with the list of tasks, and make them check the list?
The new glasses are super-cute, and so is her happy smile. Excellent news!

How about a Halloween costume post, when you get time?

Marie said...

We've had a shoe shelf behind the door of the big brother barracks for over six years. I have yet to convince a child that it is easier to find your shoes if you put them on your shelf when you take them off.

I'm thinking of making them all perform Sandra Boynton's "One Shoe Blues" at our next concert at the nursing home.