CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

This whole parenting thing...

is really hard. Anyone who tells you it's not is a liar. I was talking with a girlfriend of mine and we were both comparing notes about how inadequate we feel and how everyone else (Britney excluded) seems to have it all together. You know what, they don't. Maybe they're better at keeping house or doing crafts with their kids or whatever, but there are things that I do for my kids that they can't do for theirs. I have decided that for Lent I am going to try to stop feeling like a bad mom and concentrate on the things that I do well for my kids. I am the only mom they have, so they don't know what everyone elses mom does better, right?
In the words of my mother, "Bad moms don't worry that they're bad moms. Good moms worry."

2 comments:

Reza said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Go mommy, go!

You are the best mom they have...and don't you forget it!

Seriously, you are an awesome mom, but you never give yourself ANY credit.

Mishelle said...

That's a great goal...one that we all/I should copy!