CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 5, 2007

As the Boomtown Rats said...

"I don't like Mondays". It's 5:35 am and so far I have:
  1. Comforted a child who came into my room crying
  2. Started a load of laundry
  3. Mentally calculated that my children use at least 42 socks and 21 pairs of underwear every week
  4. Started the dishes that were taking over the sink
  5. washed my hair and put it in rollers; sat under the dryer while I...
  6. checked my e-mail
I'm tired and my day hasn't even started yet!

Update:
It's now 7:30 am and I have done another load of laundry, made 4 lunches, packed three snacks, got three folders ready, got three girls dressed, got myself dressed, made myself a giant iced latte, helped a friend with some website text, sent invitation drafts to my sister. Now all that's left to do is 3 girls hair, toothbrushing, facewashing, backpack getting, coat putting on, getting in the car and going to school. Must be in the car by 8:30 am - I have a few seconds to breathe!

2 comments:

Reza said...

No wonder you have no sanity by the time you leave the house in the morning!!

42 socks, eh? How many does the dryer eat? ...weekly? :-P

ESummers said...

Well, at least you haven't lost your sense of humor.
PLUS, I had to sign up for this stuff just to write this.
How do you get me to do these things?
Liz
P.S. Fern Dell this weekend.