CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 16, 2007

What a weekend!

This weekend was really busy. I had a luncheon for new and expecting moms that went really, really well. It's always nice to see the 'new' moms! Then a bunch of triplet moms from the local group went to the Oak Brook Lodge Hotel and spent Saturday night. It was a blast - especially the martini/Italian tapas bar we went to. The entertainment was like something out of a SNL skit - the Sweeney sisters, perhaps, or Will Ferrell being the music teacher. Never in my wildest dreams have I seen the combination of hot pants and a red sequined duster!! There was plenty of laughter (and martinis!).
After that restful night I got an incredible surprise. One of my best friends in the entire world, Carolyn, organized a bunch of moms from our bunco group to come and help me declutter. I came home to a much cleaner, more organized house. I am both humbled and embarrassed that things got so out of hand. Depression is a funny thing, and I don't mean funny ha-ha, it pretty much sucks any will to do anything other than what is completely essential. And this time of year is depression city for me -- I still have a lot of issues regarding the girls traumatic birth. So this surprise was the most incredible blessing for me. I've been crying since I got home from being so grateful! I can't believe that people would care enough about me to help me with something that was seemingly overwhelming for me!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

No comments: